The memory card
About your memory card
A memory card is supplied with your navigation system. It includes a map of your group of countries.
Updates are regularly produced by TomTom, particularly for maps and services like speed cameras. These updates are only available for download by inserting your navigation system's memory card into a computer that is connected to the internet.
Once your new vehicle has been delivered, if a newer version of your map is available within 60 days of first using your navigation device, you can download this map for free.
Important: In order to qualify for the Latest Map Guarantee you need to check if a new map is available within the 60 day period, and you are only entitled to one free map download.
Inserting your memory card
To insert your memory card into your Mazda NB1 in your car, do the following:
- Switch off the ignition in the car so that the navigation system is switched off.
- Insert the memory card, taking care to handle it carefully and that it is the right way around.
Note: Only use your memory card for operating and updating your navigation system. Do not insert the memory card into another vehicle or into any other device such as a camera.
Removing your memory card
- Push gently on the memory card.
- Remove the memory card, taking care to handle it carefully.
About TomTom HOME
Using TomTom HOME you can register and manage your Mazda NB1 to receive free updates and buy new services. It's a good idea to connect to HOME frequently so you can do the following:
- Download for free the most recent map available for your device, if you connect to TomTom HOME within 60 days of buying your device.
- Download updates for your device for free, including Map Share updates and other services included with your product.
- Add new items to your device, like maps, voices and POIs, as well as buy TomTom services and manage your subscriptions.
- Share your map corrections and other content with the TomTom community.
- Make and restore backups of your device.
When using HOME, you can get help with what you are doing from the HOME Help. You can also read about all the other things that HOME can do for you.
Tip: We recommend using a broadband internet connection whenever you connect to HOME.
Installing TomTom HOME
The steps below refer to Internet Explorer on Windows XP. If you're using another browser or operating system, visit http://www.tomtom.com/support for more information.
To install TomTom HOME on your computer, do the following:
- Connect your computer to the internet.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of TomTom HOME: http://www.tomtom.com/home
- We recommend downloading the file to your computer by clicking Save.
- Once the download is complete, click Open.
If you accidentally closed the Download Complete window, locate the file TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe on your computer and double-click it.
- If you get a security warning, click Run.
- Click Next then click Install.
The installation starts.
- Once the installation is complete click Finish.
Initializing your memory card
To use a new or empty memory card with TomTom HOME, it needs to be initialized so that HOME can detect it. To initialize your card, do the following:
- Start the car and switch on your Mazda NB1.
- Press the NAV button to switch to navigation mode.
The navigation screen appears.
- Insert the new memory card into your Mazda NB1.
- Wait for a few seconds so that the card can be initialized by your Mazda NB1.
- Remove the card from your Mazda NB1 and insert it into the card reader connected to your computer.
Your new card is now ready for use with TomTom HOME.
Updating your device
Before you start, make sure you have a backup of your device or memory card. For more information, see Backing up your navigation device.
You can check for updates for your maps, services and for a whole range of other free items or items for purchase. The instructions below describe how to update the TomTom application on your device.
Note: LIVE Services are not available in all countries or regions, and not all LIVE Services are available in all countries or regions. You may be able to use LIVE Services when traveling abroad. For more information on available services, go to http://www.tomtom.com/services.
To check for an updated application version do the following:
- Insert your memory card into the card reader connected to your computer.
- Wait for TomTom HOME to start.
- If HOME does not automatically check for updates, click Update my device in the HOME menu.
Note: If you would like to install an application you downloaded previously, click Add Traffic, Voices, Speedy Cameras, etc. and then click Items on my computer.
- If a new application is available, it is listed on the next screen.
- Make sure the new application is selected, then click Download updates.
HOME downloads the selected items.
- HOME then installs the selected items on your memory card.
- Click Done.
- Click Device > Disconnect Device. You can then disconnect your card from your computer.