About TomTom HOME
Using TomTom HOME you can register and manage your Mazda NB1 to receive free updates and buy new services. It's a good idea to connect to HOME frequently so you can do the following:
- Download for free the most recent map available for your device, if you connect to TomTom HOME within 60 days of buying your device.
- Download updates for your device for free, including Map Share updates and other services included with your product.
- Add new items to your device, like maps, voices and POIs, as well as buy TomTom services and manage your subscriptions.
- Share your map corrections and other content with the TomTom community.
- Make and restore backups of your device.
When using HOME, you can get help with what you are doing from the HOME Help. You can also read about all the other things that HOME can do for you.
Tip: We recommend using a broadband internet connection whenever you connect to HOME
Installing TomTom HOME
The steps below refer to Internet Explorer on Windows XP. If you're using another browser or operating system, visit http://www.tomtom.com/support for more information.
To install TomTom HOME on your computer, do the following:
- Connect your computer to the internet.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of TomTom HOME: http://www.tomtom.com/home
- We recommend downloading the file to your computer by clicking Save.
- Once the download is complete, click Open.
If you accidentally closed the Download Complete window, locate the file TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe on your computer and double-click it.
- If you get a security warning, click Run.
- Click Next, then click Install.
The installation starts.
- Once the installation is complete click Finish.
To download content and services using TomTom HOME, you need a MyTomTom account. You can create an account when you start using TomTom HOME.
Note: If you have more than one TomTom device, you need a separate MyTomTom account for each device.
If you have a MyTomTom account, you can access the following benefits online using HOME or by using the MyTomTom section of tomtom.com:
- Services - click Services on the TomTom website to subscribe to services such as real-time traffic and safety camera information.
- Newsletters - click MyTomTom followed by Account details on the TomTom website to man-age newsletter subscriptions and language preferences for product news
- Support - click My Questions on the TomTom website to track and view your case history and all email conversations you have with TomTom about technical support issues via the website. You can also update cases with new information.
- Orders - click My Orders on the TomTom website to view items you ordered from the TomTom website and your order history.
- TomTom Map Share - report and download map corrections by joining the Map Share com-munity using HOME. You can then benefit from shared reporting of map issues such as missing streets and wrong driving instructions.
- Downloads - download free items using TomTom HOME.
Updating your device
Before you start, make sure you have a backup of your device or memory card. For more information, see Backing up your navigation device.
You can check for updates for your maps, services and for a whole range of other free items or items for purchase. The instructions below describe how to update the TomTom application on your device.
Note: LIVE Services are not available in all countries or regions, and not all LIVE Services are available in all countries or regions. You may be able to use LIVE Services when traveling abroad. For more information on available services, go to http://www.tomtom.com/services.
To check for an updated application version do the following:
- Insert your memory card into the card reader connected to your computer.
- Wait for TomTom HOME to start.
- If HOME does not automatically check for updates, click Update my device in the HOME menu.
Note: If you would like to install an application you downloaded previously, click Add Traffic, Voices, Speedy Cameras, etc. and then click Items on my computer.
- If a new application is available, it is listed on the next screen.
- Make sure the new application is selected, then click Download updates.
HOME downloads the selected items.
- HOME then installs the selected items on your memory card.
- Click Done.
- Click Device > Disconnect Device. You can then disconnect your card from your computer.
Introducing HOME help
In the TomTom HOME Help topics you can find a lot more information about how HOME can help you to manage contents and services on your navigation device.
You can also get help on the following:
- Initializing a memory card
- Using a card reader
- Updating your device-account combination
- The TomTom Route Planner
- Downloading free or shared sounds, images and symbols
- Installing themes and extensions
For information on how to create your own POIs, themes, voices, routes, color schemes, symbols and sounds, see http://www.create.tomtom.com.